PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Enough!!!!!!!!!!!
View Single Post
Old 9th Jul 2002, 00:01
SBA

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Leslie,
Sorry to disappoint you but I am quite happy on a 53 tonne four engine aircraft that still requires a pilot or two and have never felt any desire to apply to BA. If I wanted to operate a computer for a living I wouldn't have bothered with the ATPL.
You think I must be a little envious, but this thread is three pages of BA pilots saying that conditions are so bad they should be taking industrial action. What am I supposed to be envious of?
"BALPA state that BA pilots are not earning what they are due compared to other European flag carriers." Surely what you are due is related only to the performance of BA. If other carriers are offering higher salaries, it is probably because they are in a better position to do so. This may be through better management, better working practices, more efficient crewing, government intervention or just sheer luck. None of this changes the fact that if the Company isn't making money, it is downright stupid to be demanding a salary increase. Just call in at the Brussels dole office and ask the Sabena pilots that went on strike a month before the airlines collapse.
Perhaps their grievances were less important than half a litre of water and a crew bus.

Enjoy your whingeing!!

More than just a number