PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Training Bonds
Thread: Training Bonds
View Single Post
Old 26th Feb 2010, 06:55
747JJ

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
A lot of nonsense here but some useful info.

I have never heard a pilot not being hired for having jumped a bond. Most pilots feel negative about the matter and would not hold it against the individual unless there is a clear case of what I like to call abusing the company. Do bear in mind though that most companies have forgotten with the introduction of incompetent as retarded HR persons how to treat people. Actually many companies have HR to hire people and bypass pilots in the selection board or override them.

A contract is an agreement between two parties. A good contract in an IDEAL world is fair to both parties however this is rarely the case (Usually never in the advantage of the employee or contractor) A company and individual in this case. Should the conditions of the contract be such that these could be interpreted to be unfavourable or unfair for one party, then these conditions could be invesitgated by a clevel lawyer and perhaps the individual is out of the contract binding him/her but out of a job as well.

Again when a company does not respect agreements I fail to see why I should honor my side of the contract. Lets say that company A tells you in the interview that your base is Europe and sends you regardless your objections to Asia for an extended period of time, that according to my lawyer subsitutes for a breach of contract. The company states that personal taxes are your responsibility and your salary is xxxx amount. 2 years later they inform you that you are now to pay tax to a 3rd country you have nothing to do with as they have made a deal tax people there. Again your salary drops by 30% as you have been tax exempt in your home country. A breach of contract again. Now would you respect your contractual obligations in the face of flagrant disregard the company shows towards the contract? I would not and I wont

What is a legal training bond? Apparently if a company receives aircraft from the manufacturer and has type ratings as an added bonus, these need to be valued separately. An unnamed company bonded pilots on the Avro RJ for 3 years and 45000 eur. A bit harsh on the money I think. Another company bonds you for everything: Type, landings, line training, upgrade to capt and any other training you take with the company as they see it as a potential source of revenue.

This industry has gone to the dumpster long time ago and I cannot wait the time when I can stop flying and finish my studies and get a real job.