PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - FTE Flybe/MPL 2010
View Single Post
Old 26th Feb 2010, 00:45
checkxp

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I'm graduating (hopefully) in June, so I can get a job with a starting Salary of 25k - 30k. My big worry though is my age. I don't want to work for 5 years, to find out I'm too old then to start training as a pilot.

The thing about flybe is though, to my perception they're worse than ryanair at coning you to stuff (I'm talking as a passenger now). With Ryanair, you pay for what you get. With flybe, there's always some hidden something, like a ****ter bag allowance, or nearly no cabin baggage allowance, but also other stuff like claiming "low fare carrier" when their fare are very high, even without the added extras such as bags.

I'll try to do the same comparaison from a pilot's point of view. I think again with Ryanair you money, and you pay for everything regarding to training. When flybe starts to pay for stuff that you have to pay back but still call it a scholarship, that's just taking students for a bunch of donkeys with a carrot in front to get them going. Sorry for the metaphor, but is it really much better than going straight through Oxford?

By the way I'm not trying to put down flybe, but this is from personal experience, and I want to be careful and know the field in which I want to lay a foot on before committing big bucks!

Thanks for your quick response though.