PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - FTE Flybe/MPL 2010
View Single Post
Old 25th Feb 2010, 23:35
checkxp

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Is Flybe any good though?

I fly every 2 - 3 months with Flybe, and I always take an opportunity to try and talk to the Pilots. The last 2 crews I met weren't very encouraging.

The last one I saw however was the worst. They had a big grim on their faces when I entered the cockpit. Although I was very joyful (as I always am, willing to ask lots of questions), I just wanted to know how the Job was and how they liked working for Flybe because the dispatcher wanted me to get off ASAP!

Both pilots agreed that I should certainly not do it for the money, and they also said "I guess it's ok" to work for Flybe.

This didn't make it sound like I ever wana fly for Flybe, considering I'll might doing Southampton - Manchester - Leeds everyday, isn't exactly the most exiting trips.

You'd think that if you have to fly **** routes in mostly **** weather, you'd get paid more to stay well concentrated and aware that a crash is only around the corner of a C-nimbus!

I'm sidetracking here, but my main point is does anyone think flybe is an ok company to work for, or they just have good PR people that make them sound good by, for example being "so green because they put little stickers next to their doors saying how much CO2 they produce"!!!

As I come to my final year at Uni, I'd like to attempt my luck at with something if I don't get a graduate job straight away, but is flybe really the way to go?