PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Sydney Flight Training Centre (SFTC) PPL
View Single Post
Old 6th Nov 2001, 11:38
go with the flow

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hi there MMG, CFI and Dr Sundry,

Have just started myself. There are other options than Sydney of which to be aware. These include going up the coast (i.e. Port Macquarie), down the coast (i.e. Nowra, Moruya) or an inland aerodrome (ie Camden). These all have advantages over sydney if you don't need to be here. In particular, not having to deal with Bankstown queues and a hectic environment and the flight out to the training area (prices@hour seem only a little cheaper but there generally aren't landing fees, which is good when doing circuits, too).
At Port Mcq I gather Johnston aviation has a good rap and is said to be especially cheap for multihours. Curtis aviation at Camden has a few tail draggers and some aeros capability which is a plus. I'm going through Moruya aero club largely for personal local reasons but am very satisfied without trying to plug for gain. It also has ultra cheap accom and is literally on the beach so perhaps might be an off-beat way to get it done if you're time rich and can stay there.

Question for CFI: I heard a rumour about not being able to use an Oz PPL in the Uk until 100hrs: know anything about this?