PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Mega Merged: REX Recruitment/Cadetship and Working for REX
Old 25th Feb 2010, 07:39
Phyk

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
"Crikey Phyk, if you're not management then you're certainly a stooge. Talk about spin.

Yes REX do have aircraft in which Cadets gain command hours, they're called PA28's, and each cadet will do approx 70 hours command as part of their training. Not enough to meet the mins for ATPL, and ceratinly not enough to satisfy the SAAB command requirements of the AOC.

Also, if you're game, please enlighten the forum as to exactly where REX "shift" their cadets around? Mangalore to Wagga perhaps!

As far as being in first hand contact with the Cadets, I fly with many of the graduates almost daily. You would be surprised what they have to say! I think it's safe to say that your level of contact probably does not extend beyond the interview table, or perhaps the classroom.

Finally, my heart bleeds that you're offended. How about a nice warm cup of concrete! "

Sorry Mate,

I am still in the classroom, In year 12. I was only trying to explain that in the FAQ it does say the cadet works for Rex and its other companies. I assumed that it is beneficial for REX to send its cadets to its other companies where they can gain Command Hours. I do currently know a REX cadet who started there training last year and has been told that this is how it works. Only sharing my opinion, official TEXT that I have read, and what I have heard.

Cheers
Ben