PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - AIRLINK how it was saved
View Single Post
Old 25th Feb 2010, 04:35
titaniumspoon

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
AIRLINK how it was saved

I was reading through a South African flying mag recently, which gave the front cover headline: AIRLINK how it was saved
Well, quite frankly I didn't realise that it was saved!
I contacted my colleague in SA to find out how accurate the article was. Factually speaking, he says it was quite good, but some very important realities were subtly omitted.
RF has commissioned Scully to do this in-depth probe into the airline to see if there is anything other than bad luck (RF) which has lead up to the recent spate of incidents and crashes.
The people that SL has spoken to have on a whole have been very carefully selected and channelled to him by the current C.P. and C.T.C. and most importantly by JVJ. We prefer to keep the company washing private, is their stance. Normally true, but I think in this case, the company dirty washing is exactly what the venerable SL would need to be privy to?
A certain "strong individual" (that made his little day) has had some negative influence. Wow! That's profound! Seeing that it was the SAA pilots who got his sorry ass fired out of SAA way back, when he started meddling in pilot affairs! Remember, this is the thing that wanted to do the final selection on SAA pilot recruitment. You think not? Go ask!
Now RF has moved it to "chief of ground operations". However, it appears as if RF has told it:"Nothing changes, just your title. You will remain in charge as the underlying chief operating officer. Anyone who has to deal with the flying side still has to have everything approved by you first and you will still steer Oupa and all other managers".
My contact at Link says Oupa is walking around with a certain strong persons mouth firmly latched onto his ring! No doubt JVJ will be at his wits end to befriend Oupa at any cost. Opera tickets, rugby tickets, barbeques, church etc, whatever you need to do to have Oupa on your side huh, JVJ?
This whole exercise is a simple white-wash scam by RF to bull-**** the public and media that real change 'has' taken place. He and his senior managers were very happy with the way the company was being run. Cut-throat at all levels, especially where your flying crew are involved. Look how he treats his Air Hostesses! Abysmal!
These past little 'inconveniences' will pass. Just stand firm all and the loot will continue flowing in.
RF has absolutely no regard or respect for experience when it comes to aviating. Yes, the law must be followed, precisely, that is the only concern, lest you be sent to the clink! But bend and twist and contort it as far as humanly conceivable for the lust of profit at any cost!
Rumour has it that RF holds a commercial flying licence himself. Well, that will explain a lot. One can hear him saying “I know about flying, don’t try and bull**** me!” Yea right.
Nothing fundamental, will change at SA Airlink, because that might improve the lot of his pilots and crew and that will necessarily cost money. NO CAN DO!!!
Scully is eventually going to walk off into the sunset thinking, “he actually used me…….”