PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - EK March Roster...The best is yet to come.
Old 25th Feb 2010, 03:58
lowstandard

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Remember this kiddies, they will drop you like a soiled johnny if anything happens when you are in discretion (anytime really). That is their fatigue get out of jail card....You are acknowledging that you are fit to fly beyond a FTL, your really exposing yourself.

When something goes wrong, thats when TCAS will remind you that its YOUR discretion. Until then, he will do everything to make it HIS discretion.

Look were not getting a cent of bonus, raise or whatever. So if they come close to discretion, especially on an annex flight, take extra fuel and go fast and lower. These guys are making nice bonuses off our backs and not sharing one dirham, they take all the credit and we carry all the weight. They will certainly blame us when we all run out of time for the year.

Money aside, it is a safety issue and forcing flights into discretion because of greed is a dangerous trend. Forcing a confrontation about FTL on these flights is a very subtle but dangerous stress.

I dont give a s#$% about EK's profitability because I am on my way home.
I will always operate to the highest level of safety and be professional with my crew.
I used to care about profitiability because this used to be a place to stay for awhile.
I am on my way home because AAR, TCAS and the horse.
I hope someone up top understands this concept.