PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Crash'landings'
Thread: Crash'landings'
View Single Post
Old 8th Jul 2002, 19:13
Sdn Ldr Handlebar

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Tally Ho Chaps

Now call me an old buffer but here's something I know more about than any bally aviator alive........ mainly because anyone with more experience of crashing than me is likely to be dead.

WWII saw me shot down over 350 times and not once did I fail to walk away....Ok so I crawled a few times .....all counts though believe me.......best advice is don't leave it too late before deciding to stuff the prop into the ground.......most dead pilots are dead because they fought the damn plane........stupid ******s thought they could fly with one wing or no engine or something like that........no, best advice.......make your decision to ditch early.........that way you have time to pick your spot.......don't be the duty hero and try to bring the old kite home.........if she's spewing smoke and flying like a welly boot full of swarfega and ball bearings start looking for somewhere to put it down........pick your spot and treat it like a normal approach.........or as normal as approaching the ground in a perpendicular fashion can be.......

Suppose what I'm trying to say is...........

Give yourself time!!!!

Well chaps must fly.....TTFN

Sdn Ldr Handlebar