PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - FI(R) Course Pre-Entry Flight Test
View Single Post
Old 24th Feb 2010, 21:34
lasseb

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Well, luckily for the rest of the worl, we do not all have to accept the UK CAA's views ;-)
JAR-FCL clearly states that the pre-entry test has nothing to do with the FI-course, and that it can be taken up to 5 month before the course itself.

That the UK CAA wants it to be included as part of the FI course itself must be there problem. It has never been the practice in any of the schools in scandinavien where I reside, nor the UK school where I did my FI. I doubt that it actually is the UK CAA's official viewpoint. It is not in the LASOR to my knowledge. Where did you get that information?

We could discus for ages weather this is good or bad, without getting anywhere. I, and many of my FI colleges, would both accept and encourage the pre entry test and the FI course to be separate things as layed out in the JAR FCL. You apperently would not. Thats kind of the end of that ;-)

I was reffering to CPL versus the FI test. Not the pre-entry test. But think the JAR FCL vaguely states something about the pre-entry test needing to be similar to the FI test.. haven't got the FCL here, but will look into it.