PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Mega Merged: REX Recruitment/Cadetship and Working for REX
Old 24th Feb 2010, 21:20
LM82

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cadets training cadets? now I am not sure about everyone else but if I signed up for a cadetship and then found out I was being trained by someone who had recently graduated from the program I dont think I would be really impressed.

Krusty: I agree with you as most of the guys/girls from the cadetship I have flown with are great people and I often catch up for a beer with some outside of work. The flying skill side of things in my opinion is a bit of a mixed bag with some good and some bad but they are keen to work to improve which is good to see. It will be interesting come winter time when the wx clags in and they get busy doing approaches to see how they cope as I have seen some of them overload themselves on a visual approach and things tend to get messy.

alot keep asking me about this icus program that they have been promised as well but as i keep telling them I cant see how it will work with the saab being 99% left pilot orientated until 80kias with the 1% for the rhs reading the checklist!

I guess time will tell and I keep being told that the only reason PelAir went for the air ambulance was so these cadets could get command time which I usually just laugh at. Does anyone know the actual contract mins, i assume its in the ball park of the company mins they advertise.

not trying to bag cadets but it seems that they just keep getting fed crap from management.