PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Mega Merged: REX Recruitment/Cadetship and Working for REX
Old 24th Feb 2010, 19:48
KRUSTY 34

Received 9 Likes on 4 Posts
I'd like to clarify my position on the Cadetship, and Cadets Owen'.

Mate, to say you're being a bit tough is definitely an understatement. Without exception the graduated cadets that I have flown with are terrific young men and women. Mind you I have heard the courses beyond 1 and 2 have generally found the going tough. So time will tell just what the overall sucess rate will be.

The Cadetship was promoted by REX management as the panacea for REX's Crewing problems. Absolute, unmittagated BS!!! The Cadetship was formed for one thing only, to effectively prevent REX pilots (ex Cadets) from leaving. Something that many graduated Cadets are now beginning to realise. A secondary reason is the opportunity to make money by training overseas students.

The greatest problem for graduated REX cadets IMHO, will be comming to grips with their place in the world as professional aviators. With QF you have a defined career path. Not so with REX! Maybe REX cadets didn't think too long or hard about that, or maybe they did. As pilots however, I can say from first hand knowledge, they certainly make the grade.