PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BALPA and BA in court...
View Single Post
Old 24th Feb 2010, 19:45
Dreamshiner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Don't suppose you have a number for the CC for the unemployed members hunterboy?

I asked down at my local DHS but they looked at me blankly and hit the "not a labourer, bum, benefit cheat, van driver, gardener, mechanic button".

I think the issues for a lot reading this is there is a great number of current members of BALPA and former members who feel disenfranchised from the body who are supposed to look after their best interests.

The issue isn't the union's stance, in the good times this would be welcomed, just at present, with the demise/belt tightening of a number of airlines (XL, Zoom, GSM, Silverjet, Eos, Maxjet, Oasis HK) and as there is wider uptake of P2F this current endeavour is met with resignation.

A number of us belong to a recently swollen group are not fortunate enough to work for a company with a robust BALPA chapter. Many feel there is a much more important issue(s) to be taken on.

The quicker all pilots regardless of their status or role within a range of airlines recognise that erosion from the base will ultimately filter up to the top the better.