PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - What the **** ???
View Single Post
Old 24th Feb 2010, 17:16
Carrier

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Quote: "By the way ,I would actually give both crucial parts of my anatomy to fly a King Air or similar for the right money back home. Any idea,s ? The sandpit is a lot worse than the fridge."

The grass is always greener elsewhere. This is apt as we do have visible grass in Canada for a few months a year (road repair season). However you should be very cautious and do your due diligence. The problem is that King Airs are operated by 703/704 air operators who tend to be of the bottom feeding type. They treat their pilots as dirt and ignore the terms and conditions of employment. In most cases King Air pilots are also poorly paid. Canadian aviation must have one of the lowest quality levels for "management" in all sectors of Canada's economy.

Take a look at the pay for this job for living in Calgary: AVCANADA • View topic - Air Partners That's why so many pilots live ten to a house with no furniture to split the costs and run clunker cars!

There are a very few exceptions, who tend to have low turnover as a result. You will have to identify them. You will then will be facing considerable competition to get hired as everyone else wants to work for these very few decent operators.

I know of several King Air pilots who have quit the industry in the past few months, mainly because of the poor quality of management. They had enough of the poor pay and abuse and have moved permanently to other careers.