PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - CAA to allow Flight Training from Unlicensed Aerodromes
Old 24th Feb 2010, 16:53
Pilot DAR

Received 92 Likes on 56 Posts
I hope never to have to sit in a C150-C152 ever again in my life. Under powered, cramped, smelly heaps of ****e. Which applys to every single one I have had the miss fortune of sitting in.
Oh, Mad Jock, don't hold back, tell us how you really feel about C 150's...

It seems to me that your opinion must differ from the 29000 or so people who bought one, including me, 23 years ago. After 2700 hours in mine, plus a lot of hours in others (including a delightful STOL 150HP taildragger on skis just last weekend), you could not get me to part with mine. It has been hangered here at my home for over 20 years now, and with 100% dispatch reliability, is there whenever I need it. It serves the community with 10 to 20 flights a year to support emergency services, and searches.

As for the apparently (to me) overly restrictive regulations, which seem to govern UK flying (and I know little more about them, than what I read here), it seems to me that the government elected by the people has imposed these regulations on the people. I completely agree with Clunkdriver, and really appreciate our freedom to fly in Canada. My plane lives in the back 40, has landed on that lumber road, and regularly at the nation's capital airport, as well as many other facinating places! With the permission of the landowner in respect of private property, and otherwise as appropriate for public property, I'm free to land where I want, when I want, and if training is a part of that, so much the better! I landed on 5 different frozen lakes last Sunday, as well as my home runway, and two public airports...

Ahhh, life is good, and Cessna 150's are a part of that!

Oh, and a proper cleaning, airing out, and air freshener, are a whole lot more cost effective, than a whole new plane!