PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BALPA and BA in court...
View Single Post
Old 24th Feb 2010, 15:52
dwshimoda

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
dwshimoda: presumably the same for you, as your 'bigger fish to fry' comment also suggests a lack of knowledge of the facts
As per the various other threads running at the minute, I would suggest things like pay to fly are slightly more important than this. Just my opinion. Look at the BALPA vote that is running and you will see many people are disillusioned with them.

At a time when the industry is sinking, I merely suggest that there are much better cases that could be fought to benefit the pilot community at large.

Many readers of this thread will receive holiday pay which is the same as their normal pay. BALPA has asked for the same for its members, that's all.
Get real - it's called Flight Pay for a reason - your are flying, and therefore need the allowances. Getting Flight Pay when on holiday will have all sorts of implications - we have enough problems with the Tax Man looking at our allowances now, all we need is BALPA winning a small victory for its select band of brothers before the Tax Man looks at it and screws the rest of us.

"We have tribunals lodged against Virgin, BMI, Easyjet and Cityflyer," said Balpa general secretary Jim McAuslan.
So they'll take Easy to tribunal over this, but turn a blind eye to pay to fly and other schemes? BALAP looking after the privilidged few.

Strikemaster: Without going into too much detail, I, and many of my colleagues, have been forced to take a less than ideal contract. This is due to many things, such as the recession, the supply of cheap pilots who will pay to fly, and any number of other issues. To be honest, I really couldn't give a rat's **** about BA pilots getting an extra £600 a year holiday pay - I'd rather try and raise the industry's T's & C's as a whole.

I also think it's terrible timing, and sends out a bad message.

Just my opinion.

Last edited by dwshimoda; 24th Feb 2010 at 17:00.