PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - CAA to allow Flight Training from Unlicensed Aerodromes
Old 24th Feb 2010, 15:16
clunckdriver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Reading this stuff looking out the window at my wifes Champ parked in the side field {on skis} makes me wonder how Britain, the nation which got GA going{Moths, Avians et all} ever got itself buried under such a pile of totally stupid regulations. I have taught folks to fly on floats, skis from all sorts of places from the back forty on the farm to a lumber road in the bush to the nations Capital airport.{some of these kids are now 747 Captains, so I gues it worked} The history of fire trucks and crash crews at civy airports in Canada makes for interesting reading, no lives saved, lots of foam squirted on aircraft already burning , for what? like airport security it gives the illusion of safety.There is a legal case going in Canada right now regarding Provinces trying to regulate aviation, in Quebec the Ministry of Ag want to tell us if we can land our aircraft on our own properties, we are all praying that COPA wins or we may be headed down the same road as the UK. As an end note, a few years back a "new Canadian" hired by the feds {to fill a quota no doubt} sugested that all water landing areas should have bouys marking the landing zone and a windsock, at the time my youngest was flying floats for an Indian band, she pointed out to this twit that in her area there were over three thousand lakes!Turns out he had never been further North than 200 miles from the US border. sounds like your Feds are even more out of touch with the real World than our bunch.