PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Persian/Arabian Gulf-Give Me An IKA Flight Merged
Old 24th Feb 2010, 13:02
Ion-athan

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
a747jp I have nothing against American people. I have something though with governments who interfere anywhere in the name of god knows who in order to get what they want. I have a problem with governments that are corrupted, dictating their people in the name of religion and the list goes on.
Concerning the name of the Persian Gulf it maybe not important for you but it is important for them and I agree with you that when I was in the States studing during the first invation 1991 it's true you guys used to call it Persian Gulf. But we have 2010 and the name is in dispute. I gurantee you by 2020 the name will be simply the GULF. And the Iranians will be the only people calling it Persian Gulf. I have seen this before. Your kid or your grandchild will know it as just the Gulf. Your government will forget what is right or what historicaly used to be called when the Saudis the Emiratis and the rest of the Arabs threaten you that they will go away from the dollar if you don't call it the GULF.
Unfortunately that's they it is my friend. I Assure if my country was in power they will do exactly the same. Nothing different.