PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - EK road show
Thread: EK road show
View Single Post
Old 24th Feb 2010, 06:30
fourgolds

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
SpikeDog

Around the world all airlines are trimming our packages, Thats a fact. But here is something you need to consider.

In the Sandpit your entire life ( and your families) is dependant on your job. Your kids being in school , your wifes job ( if she has one) , your villa etc etc.
If you have a bad day a work. Or if some local lies that your wife flipped him the finger (His word against hers) on Shk Zayed Road. Your little world could be in the balance.
Have a bad day at work or an "issue" outside of Work and you could loose everything. Ie you are outta here.

Now by comparison , you have your home in the UK , your kids in school , your wifey has a job ( her family and friends are around etc). Now you have a bad day at work. All you need to do is look for another job. The rest of your life remains intact. I have seen many fall over the years here.
its a long fall back to the first world. If you think you can keep your current status quo at home ( UK) and establish some sort of commute. You are very wrong. With our current rostering practices you will find yourself filing for Divorce or facing disciplinary action for missing a flight faster than you can say " WTF".

dont get me wrong if you have to work you have to work. But to leave an Airline back in " Familiar" to come here requires carefull thought and believe me the info you want is here in these Forums.