PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Sunday Morning Post World Exclusive
View Single Post
Old 24th Feb 2010, 03:22
club med

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
wobblywanker, the point isn't of the story 'being in someones favour', but it is all about perspective. Over all the years i've been flying, I have yet to see a colleague violate the company's 'bottle to throttle' policy. Nearly all of those same colleagues are guilty of having many, many serious sessions at the local pub on a few days off. It doesn't take much to be 'over the limit' anymore, and many of us could be guilty of possibly transgressing on occasion. To be stopped is unfortunate, but how does that relate to someones professional manner? When I was in the RAF, I knew 2 mid 20 year olds who had been done for drunk driving. They were still considered responsible enough to be on 'quick alert' to carry a nuclear weapon into East Germany. I don't condone anyone drinking and driving, but to be unwittingly over a subjective limit driving from your local back to your home is a whole different thing to being responsible to specific time limits regarding drinking and flying. Don't confuse two very different issue.