PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Fleet Question
Thread: Fleet Question
View Single Post
Old 23rd Feb 2010, 22:00
auto--pilot

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Fleet Question

Hi everyone, just a couple questions regarding Cathay's fleet in prep for an interview.

(My fleet information was taken off of airfleets.net)

First for the A330,
1. B-HLK and HLJ are shown as 330-301's which I believe our GE CF6-80E1A2 powered birds, however looking at pictures of the aircraft on airliners.net, they appear to have the RR Trents on them. Whats happening there?

2. I understand the "X" in 343X stands for some sort of aircraft upgrade ie. cockpit or the ability to carry special cargo containers. What is the case for CX's 330s?

As for the 747's
Im slightly confused about the different engines on the aircraft. From what I have found at this time the 747s ending in 467 have the RB211-524D4/-524H. Am I missing any other RB211 varients there, and which engine varient of the RB211 is preferred on the 467's? From what I have found the H's have more thrust (60,600) and 24 burners vice 18. I know BA has the G's on their 744s so I was hoping I was not missing any other engines used on the 467's. The source I was also using did not specify which a/c have the D4's and the H's.

The 747's ending in 412 are the SQ birds that come with the PW4062's. (-HKE, -HKF, -etc.) From what I read, CX has been fairly pleased with the PW as at some weights it allows the aircraft to reach its optimum altitude earlier which helps reduce fuel burn. Is there any other benifits that I am missing?

Any clarification on that would be awesome, thank you!