PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - What the **** ???
View Single Post
Old 23rd Feb 2010, 16:55
ScudRunner08

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hey Scud
There are many Airline Jocks who were bush pilots with thousands of hours of scud running / short field / charter/ relief opps / medevac/ floats/ bla bla bla. Sure they might not be current but have certainly demonstrated and do possess the ability.
They have nothing to prove . However I cant say there are too many that are currently bush pilots who have been 744 Captains yet ( and they still have to prove themselves in that arena) . Welcome to the career ladder !

If you are merely saying , that current Airline guys might find G/A a little challenging as its different to what they are " currently" doing. Sure I agree it might take a little while to get back into it. But its more than possible. Just as its possible for bush pilots etc to become 744 Captains etc.
Did you even read my post?

What I am merely saying is you won't get your foot even through the front door of smaller G/A operators. When I lost my job flying a 727 only a few years out of the bush I fired off a ton of Resumes and made lots of calls and I will Paraphrase the response I got a dozen times "I like your resume and you have all the time and would like to hire you but what happens when the airlines start hiring again? you are probably going to head back as soon as you can."

Obviously I assured them I would stick around and honour whatever time commitment they required, In the end I had to find work in the corporate world not nearly as fun but pays the bills.

Scud...From your ill-thought post, you appear somewhat narrow-minded. I wish you well.
Vicky69...Porter Airlines is looking for DEC's... and have hired many with... believe it or not....experience equivalent or exceeding yours. I was tired of overseas, and have been pleasantly surprised with them on my return.
It may be worth a look. Good luck
So please again explain who is narrow minded. If you think this is not the perception out there I would love to know your reasoning. she's asking about Twin otter and beaver jobs not Q400 out of YTZ.

However I cant say there are too many that are currently bush pilots who have been 744 Captains yet
Thank you for proving my point, that's exactly what the issue is. You are perceived as a manicured big Airline Pilot who will leave at the first opportunity. I'm not saying Vicky is this, But that is the perception she is struggling against.

Last edited by ScudRunner08; 24th Feb 2010 at 04:10.