PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - 20 Hurt In Severe Turbulence Over Alaska
View Single Post
Old 23rd Feb 2010, 12:43
lowcostdolly

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Paddy well said

Clareprop in your haste to be a "doubting Thomas" which you do frequently clearly have no idea on what goes on re incident reporting on board so let me enlighten you.....acknowledging the fact that different airlines vary but the outcome is roughly the same.
  • Injury occurs on board in the cabin to either pax or crew. A CSR or that airlines equivalent will be completed by the CC.
  • The incident will be reported to the Captain at the time. He will decide whether it also warrants an ASR and/or a MOR.
  • The reports should then go to flight safety (that airlines equivalent) to be investigated.
Depending on that I guess it would go higher if needed....maybe to the AAIB?. In all the reports of pax incidents I have submitted that has never happened because CC are deemed to have acted correctly as in Paddy's case.

The pax concerned here also had the option to report this higher if he thourght it appropriate and it would be investigated. Would you report this to the statutory body if you had previously ignored the Captains and CC instructions plus the seatbelt sign??

My broken foot never reached the AAIB....as far as I'm aware. In terms of seriousness it is on a par with the incident on Paddy's flight.

Also I'm not aware of the AAIB circulating reports to PPRune or even "norf Essex" automatically. Feel free to access them if you feel the need.

I'm sure you will find that what needs to be there informative