PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Don't just book it - Thomas **** it!
View Single Post
Old 23rd Feb 2010, 07:31
flyinthesky

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
So A2QFI, you think I am being disingenuous!

A quick trawl amongst other charter operators will show that if you book a package holiday, your INCLUDED baggage allowance is the same. You only pay for excess. Just the same as Thomson. Indeed on Thomson, your cabin baggage limit is 5kg. Exactly the same as TCX. Since standard weights are used on the loadsheet which assumes a notional baggage weight, then why should a company ot ask someone to pay excess charges. We have to provide the fuel to carry it. Other companies may price differently, that is dependant on their business model. I guess you pay your money and takes your choice.

Indeed there shouldn't be a problem with the size of hand luggage, it is the weight that is the problem. Since hold baggage is included in the ticket price unlike EZY/RYR there should be no need to carry heavy items into the cabin. As I said, have many passengers ever thought to look at the weight limit placards on each overhead bin. If all passengers took more than the 5kgs, it could bust that limit.

TCX are no different to MON/TOM. If you want to take all your luggage into the cabin then I suggest you use a Lo-Co as they may be better suited to your preferred method of travel. We sell very little seat only, hence my comment about most of our pax needing hold baggage and travelling with the kitchen sink.