PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Pilot handling skills under threat, says Airbus
Old 23rd Feb 2010, 05:41
flyhigh85

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
To Wiley and others who still are saying that going the old way through instructor then turbo prop before going to the big jets:

It is not because we do not want to go that way, for me that sounds pritty interesting and will be good experience to have on my shoulders BUT it is about economy and a little about time management since you have to pay back your training costs one day.

Why go through instructing and spend alot of money to get thr CFI? when you have 1000 plus hrs you still have to pay the ******* rating anyway and you are not very much closer to seal a job because all the airlines require hours on type NOT total hrs in a cessna.

Right now I am flying in an airline doing alot of visual approaches and non precision, handling skills are not to bad I think, and i can also finaly start to pay back my loan. I have a friend who have 1200 hrs of instructing hrs, he can not find a job so he is considering buying a rating of A320 or B737 but he dont have the cash. He is regreting he did not do that when he finished his commercial. I dont blame him.

DO NOT blame the pilots, blame the aviation Industry and the low cost airlines.