PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - The Axe Man of Apia
View Single Post
Old 23rd Feb 2010, 04:19
balance

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Anthill, I think you might be taking flyby's comments a little too literally.

I'm pretty sure he knows that particular CAR that you refer too. In the company that I work for, to take this attitude and enforce your right as a Captain to fly all sectors would not be viewed well, and your capability as a Captain would be considered suspect by both F/O's and management. Rightly so. There is an obligation as a Captain to teach by example, to mentor, to demonstrate, and to show good judgement. Good judgement involves giving away sectors, whether you like it or not.

Centaurus' post was a good one, however I too felt overtones of "superiority" as a Captain creeping though.

I overheard at an ISASI conference many years ago, a thesus by an honours student arguing why Qantas was such a safe airline in comparison to others. His research indicated that QF's operation was no different to any other airline in the world. What was different, is the Australian culture. We have the LEAST subservient culture on earth, and this serves us well as airline pilots. I'm sure that this is true for any Australian airline...

Lets not have this change by promoting a steeper gradient eh?