PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - What the **** ???
View Single Post
Old 22nd Feb 2010, 20:26
ScudRunner08

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Lets go over this again:

so you got lots of time on 747 and such and your looking for a job on a Twin Otter or Beaver eh.
How much relevant experiance do you have flying in the bush?

How much time do you have flying low down in the clag on floats or landing on sand bars in a twin otter or alike?
I think thats a valid questions doesn't seem that the poster is getting any leads or feedback from their resume or job inquires, perhaps experience this is an issue. valid question No?

Lots of guys with tons of hours doing that exact work wich is far different than what your resume has are looking for work two and their resume will be first to be called before a 747 757 pilot.
Their are lots of pilots with current/recent experience flying those types (Twin Otters, Beavers) are out of work. Those pilots will be the first ones called back to work for that type of flying over a pilot who's most recent experience is operating 747 767 757 overseas. It's very competitive out their today operators can pick and choose pilots with current Type ratings or very recent flying time on the aircraft they operate, I'm not saying you couldn't hack it but why would someone hire you over a pilot as described.

Some people will never learn two write properly, let alone answer a simple question without snarkiness.
Says the pot to the kettle.

Aileron, Of course I have considered this and will swap stories with you anytime but perhaps a "retired airline pilot" would be perceived as being old and out of shape manicured airline type looking at their time flying in the bush through rose coloured glasses and thus not the best candidate to chuck drums of fuel and drill rod into a beaver in the minds of a CP or Owner of a lodge. I believe that's the reason this resume isn't getting any action.

Finally Vicky,

My advice would be to do a good old fashioned road trip not only to meet the people so they see your serious and talk to you face to face but it will get you out of your parents house and in tune with the type of aviation you want to get back into. When one has a stacks of experienced resumes with current PPC's or Type ratings for competition you need an edge, you show up looking fit and ready to roll drums and get dirty they won't just bin your "747 big jet jock resume" your being looked at as someone who will just leave as soon as they get that call back to the big jets.

Trust me that's whats going on with your job search, I see it all the time a "Airline Resume" comes across the desk asking for a job on a King Air etc and that's what the perception is that they will just take off as soon as the Airlines start hiring again.

Well off to Timmy ho's in my 4X4 to grab a coffee on the way to the Rifle range, Sure hope I don't slam my dick in the door again that hurt.

Last edited by ScudRunner08; 24th Feb 2010 at 04:09.