PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - MANCHESTER - 7
Thread: MANCHESTER - 7
View Single Post
Old 22nd Feb 2010, 16:12
Skipness One Echo

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
It certainly is not quite as simple as it may appear to the uninitiated spectators!
Helen, as a commercial analyst of some experience I know a wee bit about the above. It's not exactly rocket science either let's be clear. The problem is that core services (snow clearing in the event of winter weather in.....winter) are being treated as non essential. Revenue which in past years went to paying for a well trained staff and up to date contingency plan has been assigned elsewhere. A fragmentation of responsibilities on some airfeilds has added to things The end result being some people simply crossed their fingers and assumed mild winters were here to stay. How well did that work for the business?

If airfield management wasn't so desperate then we wouldn't be where we are now. Standing up to Ryanair was a good start from MAN, however it will take some time to stop the erosion of margins in a fiercely competitive trading environment.

I also know enough that MAN's projected passenger figures were out by a country mile and projected revenue did not materialise. That is most certainly not the fault of the consumer. TWO runways on current figures are a nice to have but hardly an essential.

Stop lashing out and look a touch closer to home I think.

Skipness One Echo boasts that he/she knows 'squat diddly'!
Do try and play the ball in future....