PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Should Examiners have to tolerate abusive candidates?
Old 22nd Feb 2010, 13:45
updownupdown

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hello The Dean, (and all)

Thanks for your reply. What I said about the candidate not being previously known was actually in response to BEagle's reply at the top of the thread. I was pointing out that because this individual was not really known well inside the FTO, they had no way of knowing whether or not he had a behaviour problem! By all accounts he was grumpy and a bit arrogant -but then aren't many of us!?

I suppose the real question, as alluded to by others here, is whether or not the candidate should a: be reported to the CAA for his conduct and b: will the CAA think it appropriate to take action? and c: What type of action can/should the CAA take anyway?

In my mind this individual should simply not be afforded the privileges of a licence if he is willing to behave like that, demonstrating very poor judgement and a distinct lack of respect for an Examiner doing their job. One must also question his suitability on grounds of safety, as he obviously can not remain clear headed under pressure. At least on this occasion he has prevented himself from holding a licence but no doubt, he'll pass a test somewhere else at some point? Possibly when he's in a better mood! That is what really concerns us and is why we would like there to be some mechanism for vetting or preventing such people holding privileges... either because no Examiner will agree to test them, or because the authority declines to licence them.

UDUD

Last edited by updownupdown; 22nd Feb 2010 at 14:12. Reason: get rid of accidental smilies!