PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Finished up NOW WHAT
View Single Post
Old 22nd Feb 2010, 13:24
IrishJetdriver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Now is the tough bit. Be prepared for a wait of realistically a couple of years before perhaps even getting replies to CVs. As has just been mentioned, don't pay for a TR without a rock solid job (Ryanair) or a speculative FI rating. Not worth it. I had to wait 2yrs to get a job after qualifying and was luckily able to return to my old job in London while I waited. Being a lazy bugger as well, I employed a secretarial service to produce my CV and send a mailshot every three months. I just paid the bill. As it turned out, the job I got at Flybe (then Jersey European) in 2001 came about I reckon by persistence, timing and luck. I was fortunate enough to keep my part-time QFI position while all this was going on. I'd forward planned on my hour building and forseeing a decided shortage of cash on my part I got the FI rating when you could do it on a PPL and started instructing in 1988. From 1988 to 2001 was a loooooooooooooooooooooooooooooong time to get where I wanted but it was the only way I could do it.

Best of luck. Keep smiling. People will wonder what you're up to!