PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Shenzhen Airlines
View Single Post
Old 22nd Feb 2010, 13:20
flyhighf15

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Beware of the things YOU pointed out.

Peoplemover, You answered your own question. I'm not trying to tell pilots not to come here, but rather educate them about this place so they can make an informed decision.
Not everybody has been around the world like you and me.
You are right about the punishment culture here.
On the checkride side of things, in the last year I know of 6 failed checkrides which amounts to about 8% of the foreign pilots here.
A year ago there was a class of 11 Chinese FO's where only 1 passed the upgrade to captain. You say that they will give you another chance if you fail in the sim. This is true, but you did not say who pays for the sim. The captain who failed does. We have several examples of this.
You talk about having few overnights, well that depends on what airplane you are on. The airbus has plenty of examples of 4 day trips.
I think you answered your own question very well and I apologize if I made you mad.
One very good thing about coming here is the medical. If there is anything wrong with you they will find it. It is a very comprehensive medical, so it may be worth coming here just to see if you will pass and if you do, you will not have a problem at Korean or in Japan.