PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - 20 Hurt In Severe Turbulence Over Alaska
View Single Post
Old 22nd Feb 2010, 13:15
lowcostdolly

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Paddy Can I join the sociopathic club as well? That's exactly how I would have reacted Just deserts IMHO.

Imagine if that had been another pax he had fallen on top of. It might even have been an infant. Some SLF are just plain selfish with respect to their responsibilities towards others safety

Barit1 Yes we do have a duty to prevent pax from harming each other tht's why when turbulence occurs the following will happen;
  • The Captain will switch on the fasten seatbelt sign and make a PA to this effect. If he can predict it he will give some indication of how long these might be on for.
  • Most airlines will follow this up with a PA from the CC. At my lot if there is a CC language speaker on board they will also do a PA.
  • The CC will immediatly stop what they are doing and secure the cabin. This check is then passed to the Captain.
  • He will advise us if it is safe for us to carry on with our duties, modify them or indeed for us to sit down as well. The airline has a duty of care to us in this situation as well.
Despite us doing all this it won't be long before we have the SLF who thinks they are exempt from these instructions who gets up to get an urgent crossword out of the lockers they have previously been told not to use. Some will try and sneak off to the loo's they have previously been told not to use passing other pax and crew on the way.

They are an accident waiting to happen and are not only selfish but also pretty stupid in these circumstances. Some people just won't be advised however much the CC try and most do.

Personally I think we should carry more pax restraint kits.......