PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - RAAF Flight Screening Programme
View Single Post
Old 22nd Feb 2010, 11:22
keenas

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Dilmah,

Mate it has been a while since i first stepped through the door in recruiting as a naive 17 year old, but just a word of caution with the Education Award. I went for that way back when(about 10 years ago), and part of that was doing the Pilot testing, which i failed and was subsequently not able to sit the tests for another year, stopping me from applying to ADFA post year 12. It may not be the same now but i would check if i were you, and definately don't go in there half arsed like i did. I also had a D for my first YR12 Physics exam and the psyche told me that i was not smart enough, didn't have the aptitude and wouldn't get good enough marks, so should give up on that and find another career.

Another point being to anybody, that if a pysch tells you something like they told me, ignore those bastards because i listened and gave up for quite a few years. But i went back eventually and now am flying what i always wanted to fly!

Madkeen,

Mate, Have at! I had 2 guys on my Pilots course over 30, it can definatley be done. As far as base visits go, don't go through DFR as they are hopeless, ring the base and tell them what you want to do and they should be able to put you through to somebody! I went to 2FTS, OTS and Richmond and all were quite helpfull.