PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - type rating opportunities?
View Single Post
Old 22nd Feb 2010, 02:51
flyprototype

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs down

arghhhh! this guy is nut.(solamente buono per il manicomio)
He want spend his money in the USA, in Arlington, Texas.
If the business goes out of business, like many other schools who has been bust , like the one runed by some Italian guys in Meacham Airport in 2001, he will not see his money back....(US schools grow like mushrooms and are very dangerous unless you pay as you go)

add the complication of the training, paperwork, tests...Randhem tried and failed too.

the big problem with these type ratings:

1. it has an expiration time.
2. cost a lot of money
3.not recognized everywhere
4.it can go against you(you may become overqualified to fly smaller planes)
5.the type rating is not easy, stressful due to cost,....

if you go to Uni or get a professional bachelor degree.

1.no expiration time
2.cost is reasonable
3.recognize worldwide
4.more jobs worldwide
5.less stress, cheaper than aviation.

it's not the first time I see some 22-23 old pilots who do unskilled jobs because they don't have the capacity(or didn't' want) to learn a REAL PROFESSION, then they think they will fly a MD11 !!!! wake up man!

one guy told me, that if he doesn't fly a job on big aircraft, HE WILL CHOOSE to fly something smaller. like citation or Lear.(like if he had the choice!!!).

let him spend his money, I am waiting for the guy to say "hey guys, do you know a good attorney?, I want sue the school.

then this young wannabe will disappear forever.Probably working in a bar in Milan or Rome or as a flight attendant for Ryanair , paying back 100'000 euro for the next 15-20 years!(at 1000 euro per months, living with 3 roommates, eating spaghetti left by the bar, with no life, no girlfriend, no friends...)

buona fortuna mio amico , (you will succeed where others failed)

Last edited by flyprototype; 22nd Feb 2010 at 03:17.