PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - type rating opportunities?
View Single Post
Old 22nd Feb 2010, 02:27
pithblot

Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts
Find another way.

Emilian, Old Mate,

I don't want to quench your enthusiasm because the 'flying bug' is something that most (but not all) of the really good pilots I have met in 32 years of flying seem to have in various amounts. One trick to being a good pilot and successfully navigating the journey of life (wife, family, responsibilities outside the cockpit) is to learn to take control of the 'flying bug'.

Now is probably a great time to learn this lesson. Take note of the advice being given to you here, I think most of it is pretty close to the mark.

If you really have-to-learn-to-fly-right-now, and make a career of it, then you should seriously consider joining the military. In Australia an aspiring military pilot, after completing the return of service is sitting pretty to use the skills and experience gained in service flying - in the Civilian Aviation arena. I don't know how it is in Europe, but guess it's probably the same. Also if you start with military flying you will have some $$ left for life when you do get to airlines.

Cheers,

Pithblot.