PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Air Japan (AJX) B767
View Single Post
Old 22nd Feb 2010, 00:33
The Dominican

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
1.- Which hotel do you stay in? (please be specific so I can look it up)
After you finish training, most of the guys stay at the Excel Tokyu, Narita. a handful of the guys stay at the Garden in Narita as well

2.- When you guys mention the mitsui garden hotel which one are you referring to? (there are several in Tokyo)
During training, Kamata. After training, Narita

3.- Is commuting to the crewroom provided for free? (shuttle bus)
Yes, from both hotels in Narita there is shuttle service to the airport. Remember that even if you rent an apartment you can claim reimbursement for train fare to and from work as part of your contract package

4.- Is internet provided in the room? Free or for a fee?
Free

5.- Is that the same hotel in which you do STBY´s?
Yes

6.- What type of room is it? (single, double, etc..)
Single

7.- How much do they charge you per night when you are responsible fo paying?
5,700Y (excel) 6,300Y (garden)

8.- Is that the same hotel that you stay during the 6-8 months of initial training?
No, prior to the merger the AJV guys where staying in Kamata as I mentioned before and the AJX guys where assigned apartments in Shirokane Takanawa. I don't know what the combined class in March will get but I hope it is the apartments since they are very comfortable

9.- Is the hotel conviniently located for someone who doesn´t have a car? (downtown, or in the suburbs..)
During training, the accommodations are in the city and very easy to get around in train but the hotels in Narita are a bit far if you are planing to go to Tokyo for fun, it takes about 90 minutes to get to down town. Narita is a bit boring and besides a handful of places there is not much to do. If you plan to go to the city after you are on the line you will have to make it an "all nighter" since the trains stop ruining after midnight. Cab fare in the middle of the night from downtown back to Narita will run you $35,000Y

10.- Considering that the hotel becomes your home while in Tokyo and during blank days, would it be fair to say that everyone who stay in hotels stay at that same hotel, and therefore have company, or everyone stays in different hotels?
Everyone stays at the excel (most guys anyway's) you will get sick of having company

11.- Lastly, for those who choose to "live" in that hotel, would you say that is a good place to "live"? Comfortable? Good service?
It's not too bad really, it's just getting old after three years