PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Don't just book it - Thomas **** it!
View Single Post
Old 21st Feb 2010, 21:31
leisurelad

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I think that what flyinthesky has given is what most airline staff would always try and do and that is to be honest and informative.
Unfortunately there will always be some people within the operation that aren't as interested in the situation or their job.

If i ever had one experience that i could make come true for many people and that would for everyone to spend just 2 weeks at the airport or in the operations room and you will see how quickly information, aircraft and crew variables can change. I think most people would not believe what goes on behind the scenes, i know i didn't until i had to do it myself.

Having worked on both sides of the fence, and this is no lie, my mobile use to be like the BT exchange, quite often with call waiting contsantly flashing. I was lucky to have one of the best teams around me and i don't think my passengers where ever misled when i was on shift, if it meant i was still there dealing with it 16hrs later, then so be it but so many people these days are like " my shift has finnished, leave it for the others".

Your experience, whilst not the best, is of no different to any other carriers and believe me, although still young (30) i could tell stories that would probably make you never want to fly again.