PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - C.A.M.O.
Thread: C.A.M.O.
View Single Post
Old 21st Feb 2010, 19:38
dirkdj

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
In the maintenance manual of my aircraft there is an Overhaul and Replacement list.
Our CAA now says under Part M this list is compulsory and needs to be followed to the letter.
Most of these items were 'on condition' under the national maintenance regime, now changed to EASA Part M.
One owner on the field was quoted 40000€ to carry out all these items, he owns a 40 year old Bonanza.

The page 1 of the schedule reads (capitals as in the original text) :

" All overhaul and replacement times designated herein are but guidelines, NOT MANDATORY REQUIREMENTS. Climatic conditions, maintenance practices, and other factors may either extend or decrease these times. In the final analysis, adjustments in the overhaul and replacement periods should be determined by inspection findings and servicing experience."

if we have to follow the manual to the letter, how much is this worth? I would like to know how these TBO times are interpreted by various national authorities? This is for non-commercial private category SEP aircraft. Under the national regime we had declared most of these items 'on condition'.

I am speaking about landing gear motors, flap motors, landing gearbox, flap actuators, fuel selector valve, fuel boost pump etc. To me, on condition means fix it when it needs to be fixed, be it at 20 hours or 2000 hours.