PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Lufthansa Pilots to ballot on strike action
Old 21st Feb 2010, 19:00
Doug E Style

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Austrian and Swiss employment law may well be different to the UK's. BALPA have made it clear to the UK arm of the Lufthansa group that if they (BALPA) advise the pilots not to operate flights for Lufthansa, they would be taken to court for encouraging strike action without a valid ballot. Also, if we as pilots, refuse to operate the flights we are in breach of contract and could face dismissal. In any case, by the end of this week, around 70 bmi pilots will get a letter giving them three months notice of being made redundant. If any of those pilots who feel they have nothing to lose refuse on principle to operate a Lufthansa strike-breaking flight I would be mightily impressed.
I'm sure BALPA will have spoken to VC and explained the situation but I would like to make it clear to any Lufthansa pilots reading this that bmi pilots do not want to be operating these flights, BALPA will be taken to court if they encourage us not to fly them and we face dismissal if we refuse individually. It is a horrible situation that none of us want to be in.

Last edited by Doug E Style; 21st Feb 2010 at 19:18.