PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Don't just book it - Thomas **** it!
View Single Post
Old 21st Feb 2010, 12:50
JulieAndrews

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Jem60
don't get me wrong - Ryanscare have brand new aircraft but I still wouldn't fly with them!
Comment made as numerous reasons given my different members of the crewairport staff - underlining feeling that we were being fed a line or two?
One reason involved use of sub-leased aircraft that wasn't up to scratch so an aircraft had to be flown down from Glasgow. Fine, but this surely must have been known well before pax turned up at airport - poor service - sorry - just how I feel from other experiences. Return flight delayed 105-mins due to incorrect database/fms snag?

Fernanjet
Just appeared to be 'taken for a ride' - or not.
Would be interesting to learn how many technical issues this particular company runs with before one breaks the camels back - so to speak.
I'm aware how MELs are circumvented as I've had ground staff try and pressurise me to accept/ignore certain faults as captain of similiar sized aoc aircraft.
Read between the lines of CHIRP and you can tell it's a common practice caused by ignorance and commercial pressure on those with no spines.

Who says that I've 'written in' demanding an explanation? Not me - just assume that when a 7-day holiday is cut short by a significant margin as we finally got to our destination at 3am the following day, the operator would take it upon themselves as 'good practice' to follow-up the event with a factual and unpatronising explanation to ensure that the passenger has the full facts and clear understanding that EVERYTHING possible was done to ensure a speedy solution and not just the path of least resistance was taken...and would thereby consider flying with them again? Very easy communications exercise in these days of IT and data collection.

That's what my company does - it has it's faults - but bull**** and taking pax for granted are not 2 of them!

Can't believe you came out with the "would you rather fly on an unsafe aircraft" comment - priceless!

Please confirm that you are not connected with ensuring such flights run smoothely - otherwise the situation will never improve.

Sofia is a modern terminal (EU money?) so probably why passenger flow and security checks seemed smoother. Manchester has always been poor and latest 'improvements' only reduced 'experience' further.

My family and I had a great time on the slopes and sampled many new experiences. When I have saved up enough of my wages to go away again I just pray that Fernanjet is not in anyway involved so atleast the flight arrangements and experience have some chance of success!