PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - ICAO CPL holder & JAA ATPL subjects
View Single Post
Old 20th Feb 2010, 20:10
Pro1966

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ICAO CPL holder & JAA ATPL subjects

Hi,

I hold an ICAO CPL with 1800hrs single engine (African hours and no UK flight conversion) and JAA ATPL subjects. Now with the economic climate and the chance of flight crew work in the UK non-existent, I am looking to find employment in the UK/Europe/middle East in a flight operations/dispatch area. Flight dispatch been my focused area.

Trying at present to find employment in this field with my background and qualifications, the operators, that have got back, a very few!! have said, I need flight op's experience. Now, I take it they mean a flight dispatchers licence? Through research, the place to go is Sheffield, Florida as I have not found anything else to this standard recognised in the UK or Europe, is this correct? Not willing at this stage to spend more money! until I know its the right direction.

Would getting a position like a ramp agent/turnaround supervisor/crew rostering/ scheduler etc... be a favourable start? with operators like Jet2/Flybe/Air Southwest/Eastern etc... . Yes, I would like to get back onto the flightdeck one day but this could well be a backdoor in. A flight dispatcher career does also interest me.

Any ideas or direction from anyone, really appreciated.

Pro1966