PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Ryanair - 7
Thread: Ryanair - 7
View Single Post
Old 20th Feb 2010, 18:01
sky9

Keeping Danny in Sandwiches

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Capot

As someone who has spent 35 years in the industry at the sharp end I can assure you that the company I worked for would never have dumped passengers in FUE and returned to the UK empty (if that is what Ryanair did). I know that they are masquerading as a schedule airline however the routes that they have migrated onto are holiday routes where people fly out and back within 14 days.
Had I been operating that flight with the company I worked for we would have waited for an improvement at ACE then flown there with the outbound passengers. If it was possible to return to the UK within FTL's we would have done it. If not we would have overnighted with min rest in FUE or ACE and returned next day with the inbound passengers, yes late but not a week late like the passengers in ACE are facing.

I have never in 35 years in the industry had problems in stand clearances and calling in standby crews, so don't try to sound clever and sophisticated and talk down to me. It might just be that there is insufficient slack in the Ryanair model to allow for delays.

Be in no doubt it will only take a few more incidents like this for Joe Public to recognise that if you buy a Ryanair ticket it is no guarantee that they will get you to your destination or home again at the end. It's call Customer Service or looking after your passengers something that appears to be bottom of the list of priorities in Ryanair.

Yes the airline I worked for was a charter airline but they had more idea of customer service that Ryanair will ever understand.