PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Local pilots fly off the handle at expat perks
Old 20th Feb 2010, 17:47
gofor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
747 wrote
QUOTE:
crwjerk:

Face it, without the Cathay Cadet Scheme, the majority of the CEPS ( not all...) would not have woken up from their bank job one morning and thought " I can earn more money by being a Pilot, I'll do that"...... The financial gain is the main motivation in Hong Kong, hence the reason for this tiresome Thread.

-- did you not come to CX and HK for the financial gain? in fact, i would have quitted CX and paved my way to become a banker if i'm to earn more money. I, like many other CEPS and my coursemates, am a big fan of aircraft since i was a kid. What's your logic when u made such comments about the CEPS?

-- you are the very few minor EXPATS that make me sick.
Sorry , I do not understand - maybe it is lost in translation - maybe you can enlighten other aviators worldwide as to what you are trying to say.

Are you only in CPA for the money? And you would rather be a banker should you earn a greater salary/package?

You may have been a 'big fan of aircraft' since you were a kid, but I know of many cadets - of many airlines - who have no idea of a/c types , let alone other aircraft type performance. And as in the CPA case, I know of some cadets that 5 years ago had no idea of the existence of the pilot profession (only became aware of it for the first time at their uni's roadshow fronted by CPA!) and now they sit in the RHS of a widebody - The same 25yo live with their family(cultural thing?) and have no intention of moving away from Mom.

Is CPA not overstaffed - EK has 25% more aircraft and 25% less pilots , and believe it or not EK work a lot harder with no credit hours (in fact less credit for time in the bunk). Or maybe you prefer Korean