PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - The Middle East and aviation
View Single Post
Old 20th Feb 2010, 16:38
Friendly Pelican

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Know your enemy well enough, and you will pity them instead

Ahh Mensaboy.....

I've watched his posts from a short distance (100km?), knowing that we're not too far apart in perception. But, mate, you can howl at the moon all you like: it's history, custom and bloody-mindedness. There's f@rck-all you can do about it, except play them at their own game.

If one lets the Western mindset go, one can enjoy the Land of Not-Quite-Right for the hypocritical cesspit that it is - while all the while making them sweat for one's infidel expertise.

What does that mean? It means, ultimately, calling to account their hyperdeveloped sense of personal dignity/honour/face/whatever: they're absolutely terrified that someone will finally let the world know what it's really like, and make it stick. Thankfully, that day appears closer by the hour: witness the recent strangulation case in London.

I realise it may be easier for me to pontificate from down the road: our vicissitudes have not yet become as petty as yours; but I'm convinced that our way to salvation is to hoist them on their own petard. You know the tools: they're all in the CARs, the OM-A etc. Use them as and when warranted: and cover your @rse using the same documents. (One can't be called a malingerer if the AME says you're fatigued.)

All-in-all, and over a glass of red, I'm unsure if this post is as perceptive as I might wish; but it may stimulate further contemplation and, then, discussion.

Anyways, I'm off to India: see you tomorrow!

FP

Last edited by Friendly Pelican; 11th Aug 2010 at 22:45.