PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Poll: BALPA's Performance - Vote
View Single Post
Old 20th Feb 2010, 13:56
flyingcamel

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
BALPA member - undecided

It seems to me (as a relative newcomer to the industry) that the overwhelming issue here is whether BALPA are going to get 'stuck in' regarding the pay to fly 'problem.' I have only been in the RHS for 2 years now, but I was adamant that I was NOT going to pay for my 'in', either by paying for a TR or even 'TR+' package. So as a result I currently reside in a TP which I thoroughly enjoy flying, although I don't want this forever!

With eyes to the future it seems that some of the traditional escape routes from my TP life have been blockaded by a torrent of pay to fly cheaper options. Whilst I sympathise with these new cadets looking for work, ANY work, they are reducing my and my fellow aviators' options long term. So lamentably, I find myself hoping that somebody else's CC can do something about it because my CC do not have to address this issue (or so I imagine,) as I can't see anyone paying to fly a TP! So for the forseeable my company will continue to pay for bonded type training, and it remains 'out of my hands' so to speak, regardless of me wanting to see the issue resolved.

So I guess in a nut shell I'm looking over the fence hoping this can be resolved but I am totally bemused as to what I can do. I'm open to suggestions!

Apologies for this long meandering run!

Regards
Flyingcamel