PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Ryanair - 7
Thread: Ryanair - 7
View Single Post
Old 20th Feb 2010, 11:39
harbour cotter

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Beagle,

You are quite right. I paid nearly £1500 for a one way, cattle class flight from Oman to the UK. I had been travelling all day to get to the airport, I never had the opportunity for a meal (for various reasons) and still only managed to get to the airport 1 hour before the flight, precluding any opportunity at the airport. Once on the tightly packed and uncomfortable flight, I was provided, rather thrown, 2 crackers and a piece of cheese. On requesting was there any meals, I was promptly told, NO this is a night flight, we dont serve meals. I asked was there any sandwiches I could pay for, for which she said no. I asked could I have a beer, the CC reluctantly brought one and quite clearly stated dont bother asking for any more.

That was with BA. And it wasnt the first instance, I even had a bad experience in club class, however since then, I have only flown 'proper' airlines and avoided BA like the plague. Incidentally, I did get the cost refunded by tmy Company, but that does not take away the appalling cost and lack of service.

The only other bad experience with long-haul was with Iberia...they seem a heaven made match for each other.

My next flight is to Naples, its £25 all in return, including all costs, the leg room is the same as BA, buts its direct unlike BA. but I may splash out a tenner on a sandwich and a drink - Are you really sure you get what you pay for? It an old adage that may have some merits, but its untrue on so many levels.