PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Local pilots fly off the handle at expat perks
Old 20th Feb 2010, 09:10
Liam Gallagher

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
CXorist

In my experience anyone who starts with "no offence" means to do the complete opposite.

The AOA's CEP's FAQ's follow a similar pattern to some of the posts here. The AOA plays the "race card" and tries to reap the rewards. They fail to back up the racial discrimination charge with any evidence whatsover. However, they do concede;

"It is true that many CEPs are not Chinese. However, most are Chinese - certainly enough for CEPs, as a group, to be identified as Chinese for the purposes of the Racial Discrimination Ordinance...."

What a stunning revelation... the CEP program, that is designed to get locals into the cockpit, is mostly chinese Many however are not. So what are they saying, many are not chinese, but to suit or argument we are going to define the group as chinese.... I'm confused...

However, what is not in doubt is that none of the CEP's receive expat terms (except maybe the instructors). To be racist, it would have to be that the CEPs are divided racially, such that one racial group receive expat allowances and another racial group do not. This is not the case, and I note the AOA are not even attempting to argue such; so where is the racism??

The AOA also concede that the RDO doesn't apply because of what they describe as "a loophole". It is worth remembering that one person's loophole is another person's fair and just law...

Finally,

"PS - Your view about when an expat becomes a local disgusts me and will never gain traction if I have anything to say about it."

eeh? WTF are talking about. Are you diving in the penalty box again?