PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Cathay Pacific Cadet Pilot Programme
View Single Post
Old 20th Feb 2010, 05:00
holdmetight

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re-applying

myhitomi,
Thanks for your advice. I e-mailed them around a week ago, and was told to expect a longer wait as they had to "review my file". I also have a friend who re-applied and had to wait 6 months before doing his Initial Test, so I guess you and I will be waiting/preparing for some time to come. Good luck to you, keep us updated!

jubilee2000,
I think your waiting period is massively reduced if you already work for CX. It is only logical that an insider's application would warrant an expedited assessment, when compared with an outsider's application!

Michael Egerton,
I agree that proactive thinking and preparation is the key to success.

Everyone else,
Since the gist of the thread has moved towards re-applying, I'd like to suggest that locals from HKG can indeed gain flying experience for a relatively low cost. As you may or may not know, some flying schools in the Philippines offer some very competitive prices for aircraft rental and instructor hiring. One such example would be Omni Aviation, check out their URL:
Omni Aviation
I have never been there before, so take my advice with the usual pinch of salt, and do some research for yourself. I heard that the Philipino PPL is FAA-compliant, and the actual cost of airfares, accomodation and flying is actually much cheaper than if you were to go to Australia or the USA. Do the math, research and see if this is the thing for you.