PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Maun,Namibia and Zambia it is then!!!
View Single Post
Old 19th Feb 2010, 23:07
Kash360

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Dear Peers,

As always and always will do, I hope you are well and good. I am now home in the comfort of the surroundings that I have been used to for most of my life. However, in a way this place feels fairly strange to me now. I think I may have left a part of me in Africa, as you are all aware that I have always complained and moaned about the heat in Maun. However, I am prepared and willing to return back to Africa in a heartbeat. I still find myself lost in a journey that seems to be endless. I have regained my energy and strength but have seemed to have lost hope, and so I find neither doors nor hope are accessible just yet.

I know it has only been two days since my return, but seen to always recall yourselves advising that I should have stayed there longer. I feel that I should’ve, but under the circumstances I had to make a decision that knowing all operators had hired. As mentioned before, that I have come back with more than I went, I find myself to have acquired new skills that I wish that had acquired years before.

Not for a second did I believe that this thread would have been so viewed. I would like to thank each and every one of you for viewing, posting and PM. The primary focus of this thread was to highlight the difficulties that we as pilots experience once training had been completed. It should have also highlighted areas where I had thought were an advantage point to securing a job, Along with showing my mistakes. I know I have come away from Africa without a job and so my theory cannot yet be proven. But I truly believe that, it is the basic skills in life that will take you forward in your future career for example; Personality, manners, etiquettes, so on and so forth.

All companies know that we can fly, as we all hold licences. I will utilise my new acquired skills from Africa throughout all aspects of my life. I am far from giving up on this journey, as I feel it has yet just began. I am now following all the leads that you have all provided.

For all those who are thinking about becoming pilots in the future, please, please, please do not be taken in by the schools that promise you right hand seats of a shiny new aircraft. I am sure that it has happened to a very few number of us, but the truth is that getting the license was the easy part, and I am now finding this out for myself that ninety – nine percent of us have to sit around for months to find just a glimmer of hope.

Again, I would like to thank you all for all that you have done for me. You will certainly hear from me again, but for now I must bring this part of a journey to an end, and it would be wrong for me to carry on with this thread as i am now no longer on the battlefields of Africa. But please keep your hopes high, along with your courage and strength. I am sure that our journeys will come to a positive end.

For thus journey, I bid you farewell and bow out.

Kash