PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BA038 (B777) Thread
View Single Post
Old 19th Feb 2010, 16:10
TIMA9X

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I don't know why I am bothering replying

by atakacs
In my book there is a difference between a job well done and sheer brilliance. At this stage I don't see any evidence of the latter but I would be the first to change my mind should I come across any hard evidence.
I don't know what book you are reading, but with respect you are rather harsh with your post and possibly setting the standard a little too high.
In Ba 038's case are you implying you could do it better? If so what would you have done to make it "sheer brilliance."

Hell what have I done, I have started the flap settings guys, the when the AP should have been switched off guys, the angle of attack guys, and the why did PB let the FO keep flying the AC salivating! I don't know how many times on this thread all of this kind of stuff has been discussed, even by the PIC himself.

Many pilots with thousands of hours flying the heavies have deserted this thread because I am sure they are simply fed up with this rather repetitive style of posts.

I will always maintain that what they did in the time they had was "sheer brilliance." We are down to the low depths of semantics between the words "sheer brilliance" and "a job well done," for me it is all the same, everyone survived that day! Can't we just leave it, and possibly look at some other interesting threads which still don't have answers? PpruNe is full of them.

Again atakacs I write this with my understanding of the word respect.
Tima9x

Last edited by TIMA9X; 19th Feb 2010 at 16:42.